Tom's Green Thumb Sensor
Here it is: "Tom's Green Thumb" ~
When your plants need water, Tom's Green Thumb will play a tune.
Why It's a Must-Have?
☘ Tom's Green Thumb only needs one battery (AM4 / 1.5V) (not included).
☘ Tom's Green Thumb is enough for all your plants because as soon as you hear the melody you will be automatically reminded to check all your plants. Tom's green thumb has a gold plated feeler tip so it won't rust.
Instructions of Use
1. Insert Battery:
- Hold the dipstick in one hand and use the other hand to loosen the thumb counter-clockwise. Remove thumb from dipstick. (B1)
- Now insert an AM4 / 1.5V battery with the + pole side down. (B2)
- Attention: As soon as the battery is inserted correctly, a melody sounds, which only stops when the dipstick is placed in moist soil.
- Now return the green thumb to its starting position, press down slightly and turn clockwise to tighten. (B3)
2. Put Tom's Green Thumb Now in Your Plants:
- Insert the probe tip into the moist soil. Do not try the probe tip to introduce into hard, dry soil. - The melody stops when the soil is moist enough.
3. Rules for Tom's Green Thumb:
- For plants that require more water, please plant your thumb up to 2" (5 cm) max.
- For plants that require little water, please plant your thumb up to a maximum of 4" (10cm) into the soil.
Caution: If the melody continues to sound even though your thumb is in moist soil, simply moisten the tip of the probe with a wet cloth.
Please: Never stick your thumb more than 4" (10cm) into the soil. The thumb should always be 1" (2.5cm) above the surface.
4. Watering the Plants:
When Tom's green thumb plays its tune, simply remove the thumb from the soil and water your plants. Then just put your thumb back into the soil.
☘ What You Should Consider:
- Never put Tom's green thumb in Water.
- Remove Tom's green thumb before watering your plants.
- Check the battery every two to three months. We recommend that you change the battery every six months.
- If you plan to travel for a long time, remove Tom's green thumb and battery.
- Tom's Green Thumb can play the tune continuously for about two to three months if the soil is dry. However, we hope that you water your plants beforehand.